OverDrive @ EVPL Help: Installing Adobe Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions is the software used to transfer eBooks checked out from OverDrive @ EVPL onto your eReader. This guide will explain how to properly install and set up Adobe Digital Editions so you can enjoy reading EVPL eBooks.
Part 1: Establish an Adobe ID
- Go to www.adobe.com/membership.
- Click the yellow button on the left labeled "Create an Adobe Account."
- Fill in the required information to complete the registration form, then click "Continue" at the bottom.
- You should see a message indicating that your registration was successful.
Part 2: Download & Install Adobe Digital Editions
- Go to www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions. Click the brown "Install" button. Click "Install" again if prompted and then click "Yes" to allow the installer to run.
- If you are asked whether you want to "Run" or "Save" the file, select "Run."
- After the download completes and the installer starts, click "I Agree" to accept terms & conditions.
- On the "Setup Assistant" screen, click "Continue."
- On the next screen, you'll be prompted to authorize your computer. Select "Authorize Computer" and enter your Adobe ID and password from Step 1.
- Click "Activate".
Once the installation is complete, Adobe Digital Editions will open in the Library view. You are now ready to begin downloading and transferring eBooks.
When you connect your eReader to your computer for the first time, Adobe Digital Editions will ask if you would like to authorize the device to your Adobe ID. Select "Yes."