Dec 4 2018
Bring winter inside when you create one of these 3D snowflakes.
- 6 pieces of square paper (fold paper into a triangle and cut off excess to make paper square)
- Fold paper diagonally to make a triangle. Fold once more to make a smaller triangle.
- Cut three diagonal, parallel lines into the triangle, stopping 1/2″ from the fold.
- Open the folded paper so it looks like a diamond.
- Beginning with the innermost flaps, roll the flaps toward each other to make a tube and secure with tape.
- Flip over the paper and roll the next set of flaps to make another tube and secure with tape. Repeat with each set of flaps, alternating directions.
- Create five more “icicles” by repeating the steps above.
- Lay out the icicles in a circle. Connect three of the icicles at the base and staple. Staple sides of icicles together.
- Repeat on the second half.
- Combine the halves together and staple at the base. Connect the remaining sides.
Bonus: hang the snowflake by using a hole punch and yarn or string.
Show us your 3D Snowflakes by using #MyEVPL.