Friends Committee of the EVPL Foundation
What is our mission?
The Public Library Friends, Inc. was a non-profit organization begun in 1982. In 2014, it merged into the EVPL Foundation, however, the merged organization still strives to:
- Improve the services and resources of the Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library.
- Promote involvement of local citizens in the activities of the Library.
- Advocate for Library service to our community.
What impact do the Foundation and Friends have on our library and community?
- Sponsor summer reading programs for children and adults.
- Underwrite bus transportation for Vanderburgh County third graders visiting the libraries.
- Serve as presenting sponsor of One Book One Community.
- Sponsor and staff the annual book sale that sells over 30,000 materials.
- Fund special library projects.
- Further library staff excellence through training and recognition programs.
Who are we?
The Friends Committee and Foundation donors are citizens just like you who believe in the importance of a modern, active, progressive library by donating their time and resources to the success of the Library. Foundation donors and Friends Committee members volunteer for special projects and implement the ever-popular Annual Book Sale.