Aug 30 2019
This September, Evansville Vanderburgh Public Library is joining libraries nationwide for National Library Card Sign-Up Month, a time to remind parents, caregivers, and students that a library card is the first step towards academic achievement and lifelong learning.
A library card opens a world of infinite possibilities through resources and services that provide students the tools to succeed in school and beyond. From STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics) programs and family storytimes, to research and digital resources, libraries transform lives through education.
The library also has several resources and programs for lifelong learners. Learn a new skill through our Gale Courses. Discuss literature in one of our Book Discussions. And brush up on a hobby by exploring our vast collection.
- EVPL Card
- Free to residents of Vanderburgh County, an EVPL library card grants you access to all materials and services, including public computers and digital resources.
- To register for your card, visit any of our eight locations and have your proof of current address and valid photo identification on hand. For teens and children under the age of 18, a parent or guardian signature is required.
- Business Courtesy Card
- Available to any business owned and operated in Vanderburgh County, Business Courtesy Cards provide access to online databases.
- Limited Resident Card
- Available to those in temporary housing or foster care, Limited Resident Cards provide access to library materials and online databases.
- Non-Resident Courtesy Card
- Available to non-residents who pay property tax in Vanderburgh County, Non-Resident Courtesy Cards provide access to EVPL’s physical and digital collections, public computers, and online databases.
- Public Library Access Card (PLAC)
- Available to Indiana residents who have a library card in good standing from their hometown, Public Library Access Cards provide access to all physical collections, some digital services, public computers, and online databases. PLAC cards cost $65 and are renewed yearly.
- Subscription Card
- Available to residents of Henderson, KY or those without an Indiana library taxing district, Subscription Cards provide access to all physical collections, some digital services, public computers, and online databases. Subscription Cards cost $70 and are renewed yearly.
Stop by any of our eight EVPL locations to sign up for a library card.